Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adventures with Vegetables: Week 4

Week 4's Share

During Week 4 we did not do a good job of trying to cook our veggies. We were quite lazy, or busy. I'm going to go with busy. Our share:
  • 1 lb. turnips

  • 1 head Chinese cabbage

  • 1 bunch beets

  • 1 bunch green onions

  • 1 bunch Lacinato kale

  • 2 heads lettuce (1 Romaine, 1 iceberg)

  • 1 bunch dill

This week we got Chinese cabbage, beets, and dill for the first time. We've gotten kale before but we never got to cook it. When I picked up our share this week and saw the Chinese cabbage I knew I had to make pot stickers. I love the things, but they take forever to make. But so worth it. The pot stickers recipe comes from a Newlywed cookbook that we have. Basically, it's ground pork, Chinese cabbage, and green onions in won-ton wrappers. I love them! But sadly, no pictures.

Unfortunately, this was the only thing I made during this week. Luckily, we got a lot of veggies that are durable and we were able to use them the following week.

Up next: Week 5, in which we're productive again.


No comments:

Post a Comment