Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kit Kat Adventure

My brother, Adam, and his wife just got back from a vacation in Japan (not just, it's been a few weeks). When I heard they were going to Japan the first thing I thought of that I wanted was Kit Kats. I had read this blog in the past and was fascinated by the many flavors of Kit Kats available in Japan. And I had to try them. Being the loving family they are, my brother and sister-in-law complied. They brought me these:
Clockwise from top left: Bitter Almond, Green Tea, Cola and Lemon Soda, Cherry Blossom
The only one that actually said what it was in English was the Bitter Almond, the others I went by the pictures. (I think the last one is cherry blossom, but I could be wrong). Despite what I had previously thought, Adam and Nikki had difficulties finding Kit Kats in Japan.

Anyway, the verdict:
Bitter Almond: This was one dark chocolate and the closest of all to a real Kit Kat. I couldn't taste any almond, but it was still tasty.
Green Tea: Very sweet, green in color. A little weird and grainy, but not bad.
Cola Flavors: I really liked these two. I loved the combination of two different flavors in one pack. (The Kit Kats in Japan come with two sleeves inside the box, each containing 2 bars). One was cola colored, the other yellow. I found both flavors to be tasty and they kind of fizzed when I ate them. Yummy!
Cherry Blossom: Probably the only one of the four I did not like. This one was also green in color. It was super sweet and I honestly couldn't figure out what it was supposed to taste like.

All in all, I found my Kit Kat adventure successful and tons of fun! It reminded me of being in Europe and buying random candy just to see what they tasted like!
Of course, they also brought me back this gem! I now have a Harry Potter book in 4 different languages!

2 comments:

  1. whoaaaa, that's crazy! and amazing! love it. they are good siblings!

    so, english, japanese, and dutch...what's the fourth? i'm trying to read it en espanol! (it's going very very slowly.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it in espanol as well. A while ago I decided to read it, I think I read about a chapter before I gave up. :/ will eventually come back to it.

    ReplyDelete