Monday, September 28, 2009

SOCCER!

Luis and I went to a MLS game on Saturday. This was my first ever soccer game (aside from an Emerson College one) and Luis' first in the States. Obv. we were both excited. I was mostly excited because I wanted to watch David Beckham play before he abandons us and flees back to Europe. But alas, it wasn't meant to be. Apparently he injured his ankle and didn't fly to Columbus with his team. Damn him. Anyway, after much debate about whether to make the three hour trek in the rain to watch a Beckham-less LA Galaxy play the Columbus Crew (who comes up with these names?) we decided to go and take our chances. And I must say, it was worth it. Luckily it didn't rain during the game! And the Crew won! so a good time was had by all. I never realized how intense soccer is, and how if you take your eyes off the game you'll probably miss something. So different from baseball. Good times, and I can truthfully say now, I enjoy soccer. And I'm already planning another game next summer.

2 comments:

  1. damn beckham, but yay for soccer and for the rain holding off! kathy and i got to go to a soccer game too, right at the end of the season, although the timbers aren't MLS...but they will be in 2010, or 2011, which is exciting for portlanders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is exciting! and i hope soccer continues to grow in popularity in the States, cause it really is fun! although, i hope the prices stay the same. :)

    ReplyDelete