Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Red Helmet

Who knew coal mining could be so intense? I just read this book, and it was quite good. It's about a woman from New York who ends up working in a coal mine. There's this whole romance there as well, but the coal mining part was really intense. Homer Hickam grew up in a coal mining town, and worked briefly in a coal mine so you can always count on his books to be true to the profession. This was interesting cause you really got an inside look of the life of a rookie coal miner. Very good!

Luis is amazed that I am still able to read for fun while taking classes, he keeps asking me how I have time for it. I told him I read in one of my textbooks that a good librarian is always reading a book, usually more than one. So I'm well on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment