Monday, October 12, 2009

apple picking!




Nothing says fall like a trip to the apple orchard/pumpkin patch. On Sunday, I got to go to Evans Apple Orchard with some friends from grad school. I haven't been apple picking in a long time, so it was good fun picking the apples off the tree. Unfortunately, for every apple I picked another one fell on the ground. Whoops! I also got some delicious apple cider and caramel apples. Man, I love fall. And the weather was amazingly beautiful the whole time. I ended up with almost a peck of apples, which I didn't realize until later--that's a lot of apples. There didn't seem to be a lot of apples on the trees, but we managed to find some good ones.

2 comments:

  1. 1) this sounds awesome! i don't think i've ever actually gone apple picking, which seems sad. blueberry and strawberry picking, all the time when i was a kid, but never any apples...i'll have to fix this sometime.

    2) you already have friends from grad school? impressive! go you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) you should totally go apple picking! you would love it, especially cause there are lots of wonderful trees to take pictures of. come to KY, we'll go!
    2) isn't it though? i'm still very excited about this fact!

    ReplyDelete